A solutions-oriented web professional with over 10 years of experience in media and content production across multiple platforms and channels, and alongside teams of diverse scope and practice. I specialize in mastering web content management tools, designing, developing and executing data-driven strategies for a successful user experience. I have an eye for quality design, vision for innovation and passion for technology.
June 2012 – Present
Web Design and Production
- Partner with business managers to produce high grossing multi-platform shopping experiences on homedepot.com.
- Produce wireframes and composites and translate designs to web pages using Documentum, Endeca, and WordPress content management systems.
- Execute testing strategies in coordination with SEO, UX, Analytics, and IT teams to improve customer interaction with homedepot.com.
- Produce creative collateral for social media and affiliate marketing campaigns.
- Write visual design specification documentation for homedepot.com branding standards.
Independent Web Design & Production Consultant
January 2010 – Present
Conservation Law Foundation – www.clf.org
- Provide web expertise in executing fundraising initiatives.
- Design and build campaign collateral for email marketing and web publishing.
- Maintain WordPress installation and perform system maintenance.
CIFAL Atlanta – www.cifalatlanta.org
- Provide web design and WordPress development using brand guidelines for the main CIFAL site.
- Design and develop WordPress solutions for other CIFAL sponsored projects, such as the World Aviation Governance Forum .
South of Urban, Co.- www.southofurban.com
- Build responsive WordPress solution for Atlanta-based furniture design and manufacturing firm.
- Provide marketing and social media expertise for launch of business.
January 2011 – June 2012
Daily web production for Emory Report and Emory News
- Publish daily content for news.emory.edu on Cascade Server CMS.
- Distribute weekly campus-wide Emory Report email newsletter .
- Perform content audit and recommend best SEO practices.
- Design and build WordPress template for Emory News blogs.
- Track web traffic statistics via Google Analytics.
- Write web summaries
- Manage digital distribution of content via social media, iTunes, blogs, etc.
Weekly email newsletter production
- Create HTML template.
- Produce newsletter using Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Insert ad and content tracking links.
- Troubleshoot/improve accessibility
Other tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain subscription lists (print + email)
- Provide support and research for special projects
- Oversee campus rack distribution
- Maintain updated campus rack list
March 2008 – January 2011
Managed CMS upgrade and redesign of Creative Loafing Atlanta website (June 2010)
- Coordinated with design team, providing multiple wire-frames with extensive documentation.
- Coordinated development of site with contracted developers.
- Developed templates and CSS stylesheets for new site.
- Managed integration of social networking elements (Facebook widgets, Twitter widgets, etc.)
- Managed newsletter development and deployment .
Served on 4-person Editorial Leadership team, which helped Creative Loafing Atlanta emerge from chapter 11 bankruptcy (October 2009)
- Participate in budget planning meetings with publisher, sales director, marketing director, and distribution director.
- Propose digital, mobile and interactive strategies for CL Atlanta’s 2010 strategic plan
- Direct CL Atlanta’s online initiatives and manage CL Atlanta’s online staff
Direct the transformation of CL Atlanta’s website from a weekly publishing cycle to a daily publishing cycle (April 2009)
- Code proposed design in HTML/CSS.
- Build modules to accommodate special packages of content.
- Rebuild section portals to accommodate daily publishing by incorporating custom database queries as well as blog feed integration.
- Manage content publishing schedule in coordination with section editors.
- Coordinate creation of new blogs for editorial.
Overall Tasks and Responsibilities
Manage content publishing and deployment
- Coordinate with online media assistant in production of content.
- Deploy special sections and packages with customized layouts and configurations.
- Coordinate with section editors, managing editors, and editor-in-chief in production of special issues.
- Manage daily production of stories, blog posts, audio podcasts, and videos.
Enforce implementation of web standards and protocols
- Educate staff on issues pertaining to web publishing (etiquette, copyright, W3 standards).
Develop library of modules for content presentation on the various content portals on CL’s website
- Code widgets and components using EV HTML language, XHTML and CSS.
Manage web analytics reports
- Examine weekly and monthly audience reports from various sources (Google Analytics, Quantcast, Facebook analytics, YouTube Analytics, Clicky Analytics).
Manage implementation of social networking strategies
- Increase participation of Creative Loafing Atlanta in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Vimeo.
- Research emerging social networks where CL’s content might have an audience (Tumbler, StumbleUpon, Gowalla, FourSquare).
Produce original content for Creative Loafing Atlanta website
- Write original articles, blog posts and reviews.
- Produce and edit audio for audio-slideshow presentations
- Produce, direct, and edit web videos
Coordinate online marketing efforts
- Launch segmented newsletter campaigns.
- Design and code newsletter templates.
- Coordinate and strategize newsletter programs
January 2006-March 2008
- Prepare and execute production of the family of websites in the (now defunct) CL Media network.
- Brainstorm ways to present special content ( BMF: Hip Hop’s shadowy empire, by Mara Shalhoup; this story won first place in the 2007 AltWeekly Awards for Website Content Feature, category 60k+ circulation).
- Produce multimedia audio slide shows, podcasts, and image galleries as online added bonus editorial content.
- Prepare promotional and editorial pages using search engine optimization techniques.
- Managed production, implementation, and publication of the editorial blogs using the WordPress MU Content Management System.
- Created original content, such as articles, lists, graphics and photographs.
- Contributed writing and reporting for News/Music departments as well as contributing photographer.
Editorial / News Intern, Creative Loafing Newspaper, Atlanta, GA
Researched potential stories, reported on news happening in the Metro Atlanta area and Georgia.
Investigated the impact of Latinos in Atlanta.
Contributed reporting to major cover stories.
Recipient of the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies Diversity Internship Grant for the Summer of 2005.
About Creative Loafing:
Creative Loafing Atlanta is the city’s authoritative lifestyle weekly. At the time of my employment, it was part of a chain of alternative weekly newspapers under the same name in Charlotte, Sarasota, and Tampa, as well as the Chicago Reader and the Washington City Paper.
Co-Founder / publisher Umpbump.com
Co-Founded an established baseball blog, featuring commentary and opinion from a handful of fans.
The site has generated attention in some media circles, being mentioned and linked to by The New York Times and nytimes.com, about.com, Sports Illustrated online, Startribune.com and other popular sports sites such as deadspin.com.
Designed and developed the site’s design and template using the WordPress CMS. Adapted open source plugins.
Currently, UmpBump.com has been visited over 1.8 million times since its launch in the spring of 2006, and it generates around 32,000 pageviews a month.
Editor in chief, Revista Elite Magazine, Atlanta, GA
Directed the editorial focus of a Spanish-language community magazine.
Directed, designed, developed and implemented the graphical layout designs of the print edition and published and developed the online edition of the magazine (www.revistaelite.com) using both Joomla! and WordPress.
Managed the editorial and design teams. Executed editorial layout of the magazine using QuarkExpress and InDesign.
Designed the cover of the magazine for every issue.
Wrote features on a monthly basis.
Download a PDF version of Revista Elite Magazine #71 – March 2008 »
Reporter, Georgia State University Signal, Atlanta, GA
Feature story writer for the student newspaper at Georgia State University.